Thursday, April 12, 2007

a small succumb

I have been on holiday and bought 3 books and a toy for my friend who has just had a bub. I thought I might feel racked with guilt but I don't. I would have been hard pressed to have got any of the books second hand. Re the toy - it is wooden and will last a long time.

Maybe I don't feel guilty because I think in general my consuming behaviour has changed considerably. And I concede that there are things that I will occasionally buy, but not much and not often.

And on the other side of the equation I have liberated some stuff that I have not used for a really long time. Sent it off for auction - so wherever it ends up, it will hopefully be used and appreciated. So maybe the scales are even on this one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked your comment on liberating stuff.

As you know I recently succumbed and bought clothes. But your comment reminded me of advice about clothes I read.

Your wardrobe is full of things you really like but they either dont suit you or really arent your thing. What you have probably done is bought something that would look great on a friend.

The idea being that as your friends are people you admire often your 'mistakes' are just you trying to be more like those people.
(I think I read this in that What Not to Wear book - but I borrowed it so cant check)

So thanks for reminding me I will go through my wardrobe and try and find some new things for my friends.

Cheers
Alison A