Turkish Delight Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 4 x 55 g Turkish Delight chocolate bars
- Whipped cream and mint leaves to serve
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
1. Grease 12 hole muffin tin (1/3 cup capacity)
2. Sift flour, sugar and cocoa into a large bowl
3. Whisk egg, milk and melted butter in a large jug till combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix, being careful not to over-mix, until just combined. Finely chop 2 x chocolate bars and fold into chocolate mixture. Divide mixture among holes of prepared pan.
4. Cook in moderately hot oven (190 C) for about 20 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
5. To make chocolate ganache, place cream and chopped chocolate in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until mixture is smooth and combined. Transfer ganache to small bowl and stand at room temperature until mixture is a spreadable consistency.
6. Spoon ganache over muffin tops and decorate with remaining chopped chocolate bars. Stand muffins until ganache is set.
7. Serve with whipped cream and fresh mint leaves.