Thursday, March 1, 2007

Is it wrong to do the right thing?

I have purchased - and it was stuff that I do not need immediately. I have just bought a box of 6 compact energy saving light bulbs and a low water flow shower head. The way I figure I will need lightbulbs eventually - and it is better to have some that are environmentally friendly on hand. And of course, you can't buy used ones. And the shower head has to be a good thing in terms of reducing water use. But it is purchasing ...

I think I made the right decision.

2 comments:

Alison Peters said...

I think you did too!

Anonymous said...

I asked this question of Paul Gilding (sp?) founder of Ecos, when receiving (the same?) back when they were giving them away for nothing more than a commitment to install them.

His reply was that their organisation had done the lifecycle analysis and that acquiring and installing them was still better than retaining the old incandescents.