Tuesday, November 6, 2007

the joy of shopping

I have rediscovered the joy of shopping - and it is all about serendipity - the great satisfaction of finding something when you least expect it. The small amount of shopping that I have been doing is usually at op shops or second hand shops. As it is coming up to Xmas party season and I am in fact going to a work 'do', I was a bit perturbed about what to wear. It is a frock affair and the only frock I have that still fits is about 10 years old and not exactly at the cutting edge of fashion. Was thinking that I might perhaps have concede defeat and buy something new.

BUT, went shopping with my friend on Sunday and ended up buying this most fantastic dress from a second hand clothes shop. A fancy designer number, which though not especially cheap was about 30% of what it would have cost normally (and I would never have bought it new because I just wouldn't have been looking at high end clothes). So am very happy and will be better dressed than I would have otherwise. Ha!

No comments: