Sunday, December 30, 2007

sales crisis

I am beginning to think I can resist anything except temptation! It is the post Christmas sales - and I am struggling with at least not having a look... but I know if I do have a look then I will end up buying stuff. But then again, I do need some new work clothes ...

And so it goes on - but I suppose that is the nature of a circular argument.

I have not been as diligent as I would like - I have bought some new gym pants (which I needed) and a couple of exercise DVDs (which I didn't). I did manage to restrain myself from buying some new runners - which were very cheap but I didn't need - so it's not all bad. I suppose that to justify the DVD purchase I will need to take up yoga and pilates - guess it won't do any harm.

I think perhaps it is time to focus on the positive - normally I would have been at the sales buying lots of stuff that I thought I needed but didn't really.

I am noticing that it is very easy to beat myself up on this gig rather than acknowledge the positive changes that I have made.

3 comments:

rooruu said...

Ah, don't beat yourself up! And don't forget that your blog also serves to encourage others.

Me, I did go to the sales, but aimed to be mindful, getting things that wer needed/purposeful, and evaluating to avoid 'clutter/stuff' items. It worked pretty well...

Thanks for your blog and the encouragement it provides. Happy New Year!

Alana said...

Thanks for that - and Happy New Year to you too!

JacquiG said...

Boy can I relate to what you are saying. I decided that I was going to try and spend as little as I can in the month of January, just to see what I could do. I actually managed to stay away from the stores after Christmas, but on the weekend I went to the mall to go grocery shopping and wandered around a little. Found this really nice skirt, great for work, a great price, and my size too! Well, at least I've already worn it to work, but I did go against what I'm trying to accomplish this month. I guess the motto "one day at a time" will come in handy here. Tell you what, I won't beat myself up if you won't!!