Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Xmas update

Am doing ok-ish on the Xmas gift front. Have been frequenting the Oxfam shop and have so far purchased as gifts cards for:

  • a goat
  • a chicken
  • counselling for abused women in PNG
  • microfinance for women in India

All good. And after much pondering am giving my bro and the Object of My Affection's parents vouchers for dinner out - with us. Strikes me as a good present, but not a thing.

And found a fabulous vintage necklace for my friend Susan.

On the downside, have purchased a couple of books - but have bought only a small number of actual 'stuff gifts' compared to what I would normally do. Not perfect, but a big improvement.

No doubt about it - would have been better if I had been more organised. There is a lesson here ...

No comments: