Friday, August 31, 2007

resisting a bargain

I find it hard to resist a bargain. Always have, always will. My dear old grandad used to say 'nothing's a bargain unless you need it', he was of course right - and he was also an avid bargain hunter. Maybe it's in the genes.

Anyway, I am proud to say that I did resist a bargain. Was sorely tempted to buy a watch that I have been admiring for some time - and there it was - 30% off. A bargain! The temptation ... the force of will required to walk away ...

But I did. And was inordinately proud of myself (there was some teetering on the brink involved).

This is of course despite the fact that I have three watches already ...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say thank you for the book Alana, it arrived today.
I will read it and pass it on :)