Tuesday, June 5, 2007

water matters

Having spent most of the summer with a bucket in the shower and bowls in the basin and sink to catch water for the garden, I was a bit confounded when it did rain a few times. The garden, such as it is, survived the summer and autumn crisis and no longer needs the extra water, but I still have a need to conserve it.

The water crisis sure isn't over.

So now I am using the water from the shower to flush the toilet. Haven't got round to doing the greywater plumbing thing - am just tipping it in. I figure that each bucket of shower water that gets used is a lot less litres of clean drinking water down the toilet...

2 comments:

AMCSviatko said...

Now there's a good idea - I was thinking of using the (full)bucket in the shower to wash the car...

Anonymous said...

Great suggestion thanks - I was just wondering the same thing myself the other day, what do I do with all the water I had been collecting?