Friday, February 16, 2007

if not me then who?

One of the things that I really like about this Compact business is the emphasis on personal responsibility. It is great that we - and people with similar ideas - are starting to think about what we can do to reduce our impact on the environment. It may not solve global warming, pollution and landfill issues, but at least we are doing what we can and making informed decisions. Beats the heck out of doing nothing and expecting someone else to fix it all.

An update on my hand wringing book dilemma of a week or so back - my fabulous friend Naomi read the blog, and managed to locate a second hand copy on Amazon which she bought for me. What a gal! I am eagerly waiting for it to arrive.

Am surprised that having made this commitment, I am now completely disinterested in buying stuff. Just not part of that game any more.

Makes me wonder how much of shopping and buying and accumulating stuff is about distraction? From ourselves, from our jobs, from our lives?

No comments: